Simple Buddha Bowl
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c water
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/4 t turmeric
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t paprika
- handful of fresh cilantro
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 and bring 2 c water to a boil.
- Mix 1 can chickpeas and spices and bake for 25 min.
- Add 1 c quinoa to the water and simmer for 15 min.
- Remove quinoa from heat and let stand until the chickpeas are done.
- Blend sauce ingredients well.
- Slice avocados and assemble all of the ingredients in a bowl.
Adapted from The Vegan Buddha Bowl at Well and Full.
This was my first attempt at making buddha bowls, and they turned out really well!